Regardless of how healthy a tree in Kansas City is, it can be susceptible to certain diseases. Common tree disease in Kansas City fall into two main categories:
- Infectious tree diseases that can be transmitted from tree to tree via fungi, viruses, and bacteria; and
- Non-infectious tree diseases that cannot be transmitted between trees and are instead caused by environmental stimuli such as poor soil composition, extreme weather, excess water, drought, or pollutants.
Tree diseases are very difficult for the layman to diagnosis, mostly because they share very similar symptoms. How can you tell whether your commercial tree’s browning leaves and failure to thrive is a result of a lack of nutrients or a bacterial infection? The answer is: call in a certified professional arborist! A tree expert can examine and diagnosis any tree disease you may be experiencing and treat it without further harming the tree.
The Kansas City metropolitan area is home to countless insect species that can cause damage to your valuable commercial trees, from chewing on leaves and weakening branches to destroying flowers and contaminating fruit. Insects you may encounter in or on your commercial trees include:
- Boring insects (weevils, bark beetles, etc.) that bore hundreds of tiny holes in bark and leave sawdust-like material behind.
- Sucking insects (leafhoppers, aphids, etc.) that suck juice from leaves, fruit, and flowers, leaving behind discolored leaves and wilting branches.
- Chewing insects (caterpillars, beetles, etc.) that chomp away at leaves and other parts of trees.
- Beneficial insects (bees, butterflies, etc.) that contribute to a tree’s healthy ecosystem.
Some insect-related tree damage is obvious (holes in the trunk, brown leaves, dead branches, etc.); some is subtle, but still deadly. On the other hand, many insects are beneficial to commercial trees by pollinating flowers or eating harmful aphids. How can you figure out which bugs are hurting your trees? And how can you kill them without harming beneficial insects or posing a safety hazard to the public? The answer is simple: a tree expert can help! Using the latest, most eco-friendly insecticides, an expert can eliminate harmful insects without negative side effects.
When you hire SAFETY, you are accessing Kansas City’s best resource for diagnosing and treating tree illness, whether they are caused by diseases or invasive insects. SAFETY’s professional arborists have been extensively trained in tree anatomy and physiology, and have a comprehensive knowledge of the many diseases and insects that can harm your trees. What’s more, SAFETY has over a decade of experience in nursing Kansas City’s trees back to health.