Our team at SAFETY Tree Service has seen tree disease and handled it quickly and safely since 2008. Regardless of how healthy a tree in Kansas City is, it can be susceptible to diseases. Common tree diseases in the area fall into two main categories:
- Infectious tree diseases that can be transmitted from tree to tree via fungi, viruses, and bacteria.
- Non-infectious tree diseases, which cannot be transmitted between trees and are instead caused by environmental stimuli such as poor soil composition, extreme weather, excess water, drought, or pollutants.
Tree diseases are very difficult for laymen to diagnose and properly treat. How can you tell whether your commercial tree’s browning leaves and failure to thrive are a result of a lack of nutrients or a bacterial infection? The answer is: call in our certified professional arborists! SAFETY’S tree service experts can examine and diagnose any tree disease you may be experiencing, and treat it without further harming the tree.
The Kansas City metropolitan area is home to countless insect species that can cause damage to your valuable commercial trees. From chewing on leaves and weakening branches to destroying flowers and contaminating fruit, these insects will harm your beloved trees. Insects you may encounter in or on your commercial trees include:
- Boring insects (weevils, bark beetles, etc.) bore hundreds of tiny holes in the bark and leave sawdust-like material behind.
- Sucking insects (leafhoppers, aphids, etc.) that suck the juice from leaves, fruit, and flowers, leaving behind discolored leaves and wilting branches.
- Chewing insects (caterpillars, beetles, etc.) that chomp away at leaves and other parts of trees.
- Beneficial insects (bees, butterflies, etc.) contribute to a tree’s healthy ecosystem.
Some insect-related tree damage is obvious (holes in the trunk, brown leaves, dead branches, etc.); some are subtle but still deadly. On the other hand, many insects are beneficial to commercial trees as they pollinate flowers or eat harmful aphids. How can you determine which bugs are hurting your trees? And, how can you kill them without harming beneficial insects or posing a safety hazard to the public? The answer is simple: SAFETY Tree Service’s arborists can help! Using the latest, most eco-friendly insecticides, an expert can eliminate harmful insects while avoiding negative side effects.
When you hire SAFETY, you are accessing Kansas City’s best resource for tree services, including diagnosing and treating tree illnesses caused by diseases or invasive insects. SAFETY’s professional arborists have been extensively trained in tree anatomy and physiology, and have a comprehensive knowledge of the many diseases and insects that can harm your trees. What’s more, SAFETY has over a decade of experience in nursing Kansas City’s trees back to health.