When a tree is removed, it takes added time and resources to remove the remaining stump. Despite this, it’s very important to remove stumps on commercial properties in Kansas City for a variety of reasons, such as:
- They Can be Dangerous: It’s all too easy to trip or mow over a forgotten tree stump, causing personal or property damage that you would be liable for.
- They Can be Unsanitary: An untreated tree stump will continue to decay for upwards of ten years. During this time, they can attract wood-boring insects or play host to tree diseases that can spread throughout your commercial property.
- They are an Eyesore: Decaying tree stumps will ruin the beautiful property you have been cultivating. They can also sprout unsightly weeds and other vegetation, reflecting poorly on your business.
Homeowners in Kansas City have a variety of options for removing ugly tree stumps from their commercial property, including:
- Letting Nature Run Its Course: Within several years, tree stumps will naturally decay. While this process can be accelerated with a high-nitrate intervention, the process will still take a lot of time. This method also runs the risk of attracting insects, tree diseases, or sprouting vegetation.
- Taking the Hands-On Approach: A direct but very labor-intensive option is physically removing the stump with tools such as chainsaws, axes, shovels, or even a truck and chain. This can be hazardous for people without the proper tools and experience. And if you have multiple stumps on your commercial property, this can be very time consuming.
- Applying Chemicals: Stumps can be “dissolved” much more quickly with a concentrated potassium-nitrate solution. This intervention requires drilling holes in the stump so that the solution can penetrate its interior, then waiting a few weeks for the stump to soften. Then it can be removed manually much more easily. While this is faster and less laborious, it poses a risk to the environment; the chemicals can contaminate soil and ground water, impacting nearby trees.
- Stump Grinding: The preferred method of removing stumps is stump grinding. Grinding involves using a piece of equipment to grind the leftover trunk several inches below the surface of the ground. The resulting hole is then filled with soil and topped with grass seed, removing all evidence that the stump was ever there. Because stump grinding is fast, cost-effective, and easy, it is the most common technique used by Kansas City commercial property owners.
Stump grinders can be tricky and hazardous to use if you are not experienced. The best course of action is to hire a trusted local tree care company to remove your commercial tree stumps for you. SAFETY Tree Service has been removing unsightly tree stumps throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area since 2008. Our professionals can remove any stump, large or small, in a matter of hours so that your property can be at its most beautiful in no time!