When you use SAFETY tree cutting services in Kansas City to remove a tree from your commercial property, it takes added time and resources to remove the stump left behind. Despite this, it’s very important to complete the stump removal on commercial properties for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Tree Stumps Can be Dangerous: Tripping over a tree stump can cause personal or property damage.
- Tree Stumps Can be Unsanitary: Continuing to decay for ten years, tree stumps attract insects and diseases.
- Tree Stumps are an Eyesore: Decaying tree stumps are a blemish on an otherwise beautiful lawn. They attract weeds that will clutter your landscape.
Homeowners in Kansas City have a variety of options for removing unwanted and unsightly tree stumps from their commercial property, including:
- Let Nature Run Its Course: Within several years, tree stumps will naturally decay. While this process can be accelerated with a high-nitrate intervention, it is still a time extensive process. This method runs the risk of attracting insects, tree diseases, or sprouting vegetation.
- Take The Hands-On Approach: A direct, but very labor-intensive, option is physically removing the stump with tools such as chainsaws, axes, shovels, or even a truck and chain. This can be hazardous for people without the proper tools and experience. If you have multiple stumps on your commercial property, this can be very time-consuming.
- Apply Chemicals: Stumps can be “dissolved” much more quickly with a concentrated potassium-nitrate solution. This intervention requires drilling holes in the stump so that the solution can penetrate its interior, then waiting a few weeks for the stump to soften. Then it can be removed manually much more easily. While this is faster and less laborious, it poses a risk to the environment as the chemicals can contaminate soil and groundwater, impacting nearby trees.
Stump Grinding: The preferred method of removing stumps is stump grinding. Grinding involves the use of equipment to grind the tree stump several inches below the surface of the ground. The resulting hole is then filled with soil and topped with grass seed, removing all evidence that the stump was ever there. Because stump grinding is fast, cost-effective, and easy with the right equipment, it is the most common technique used by Kansas City commercial property owners. Our team is experienced with providing stump grinding services after tree removal!
Stump grinders can be tricky and hazardous to use if you are not experienced. The best course of action is to hire a trusted local tree care company to remove your commercial tree stumps. SAFETY Tree Service has been removing unsightly tree stumps throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area since 2008. Our professionals can remove any stump, large or small, in a matter of hours so that your commercial property can be at its most beautiful in no time!