Regardless of how healthy a tree in Kansas City is, it can be susceptible to certain diseases. The knowledgeable arborists at SAFETY Tree Service are able to provide you with professional tree disease control for your Kansas City home as part of our tree services. Common tree diseases in Kansas City fall into two main categories:
- Infectious tree diseases can be transmitted from tree to tree via fungi, viruses, and bacteria; and
- Non-infectious tree diseases cannot be transmitted between trees. Instead, they are caused by environmental stimuli such as poor soil composition, extreme weather, excess water, drought, or pollutants.
Tree diseases are very difficult for laymen to diagnose, mostly because they share very similar symptoms. How can you tell whether your tree’s browning leaves and failure to thrive are a result of a lack of nutrients or a bacterial infection? The answer is: call in a certified professional arborist for tree disease control in Kansas City! A tree expert at SAFETY Tree Service can examine and diagnose any tree disease you may be experiencing and treat it without further harming the tree.
The Kansas City metropolitan area is home to countless insect species that can cause damage to your beloved residential trees, from chewing on leaves and weakening branches to destroying flowers and contaminating fruit. Tree insect control in Kansas City is not uncommon, and if you suspect any unwanted pests in your trees, contact SAFETY! Insects you may encounter in or on your residential trees include:
- Boring insects (weevils, bark beetles, etc.) bore hundreds of tiny holes in the bark and leave sawdust-like material behind.
- Sucking insects (leafhoppers, aphids, etc.) suck the juice from leaves, fruit, and flowers, leaving behind discolored leaves and wilting branches.
- Chewing insects (caterpillars, beetles, etc.) chomp away at leaves and other parts of trees.
- Beneficial insects (bees, butterflies, etc.) contribute to a tree’s healthy ecosystem.
Some insect-related tree damage is obvious (holes in the trunk, brown leaves, dead branches, etc.); whereas some are subtle but still deadly. On the other hand, many insects are beneficial to residential trees by pollinating flowers or eating harmful aphids. How can you figure out which bugs are hurting your trees? And how can you kill them without harming bees and other beneficial insects? The answer is simple: tree insect control in Kansas City! Using the latest, most eco-friendly insecticides, one of our experts can eliminate harmful insects without negative side effects.
When you hire SAFETY, you are accessing Kansas City’s best resource for diagnosing and treating tree illnesses, whether they are caused by diseases or invasive insects. SAFETY’s professional arborists have been extensively trained in tree anatomy and physiology, and have a comprehensive knowledge of the many diseases and insects that can harm your trees. What’s more, SAFETY has over a decade of experience in nursing Kansas City’s trees back to health through comprehensive tree services.