When a tree is removed from a residential site, the stump is usually left behind indefinitely due to the added time and money it takes to dispose of it. Because of this, many homeowners in Kansas City inherited at least one tree stump in their yard. Why is it so important to invest in residential stump removal? Homeowners in Kansas City decide to have their tree stumps removed by SAFETY Tree Service for a variety of reasons:
- They Can be Dangerous and Obstructive: You can easily trip or mow over a forgotten tree stump, and good luck trying to plant or construct anything else around them. Our stump removal tree services will ensure your path is free from any obstacles.
- They Can be Unsanitary: An untreated tree stump will continue to decay for upwards of ten years. During this time, they can attract wood-boring insects or play host to tree diseases that can spread throughout your property. Keep your property’s health at its best with stump removal from SAFETY Tree Service.
- They are an Eyesore: Decaying tree stumps will ruin the beautiful yard you have been cultivating. They can also sprout unsightly weeds and other vegetation. Our stump removal and tree cutting services in Kansas City will make sure your yard stays lush and aesthetically pleasing.
Homeowners in Kansas City have a variety of options for removing ugly tree stumps from their residential property, including:
- Letting Nature Run Its Course: Within several years, tree stumps will naturally decay. While this process can be accelerated with a high-nitrate intervention, the process will still take a lot of time. This method also runs the risk of attracting insects, tree diseases, or sprouting vegetation.
- Taking the Hands-On Approach: A direct but very labor-intensive option is physically removing the stump with tools such as chainsaws, axes, shovels, or even a truck and chain. This can be hazardous for people without the proper tools and experience. Luckily, SAFETY’s stump removal services take the load off for you! Contact us for our stump removal and tree cutting services in Kansas City today.
- Applying Chemicals: Stumps can be “dissolved” much more quickly with a concentrated potassium-nitrate solution. This intervention requires drilling holes in the stump so that the solution can penetrate its interior, then waiting a few weeks for the stump to soften. Then it can be removed manually much more easily. While this is faster and less laborious, it poses a risk to the environment; the chemicals can contaminate soil and groundwater, impacting nearby trees.
- Stump Grinding: The preferred method of removing stumps is stump grinding. Grinding involves using a piece of equipment to grind the leftover trunk several inches below the surface of the ground. The resulting hole is then filled with soil and topped with grass seed, removing all evidence that the stump was ever there. Because stump grinding is fast, cost-effective, and easy, it is the most common technique used by Kansas City homeowners.
Stump grinders can be tricky and hazardous to use if you are not experienced. The best course of action is to hire a trusted local tree care company to remove your tree stump for you. SAFETY Tree Service has been providing precise and thorough stump removal throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area since 2008. Our professionals can remove any stump, large or small, in a matter of hours so that you can enjoy your yard to the fullest in no time! We can also provide you with other tree care services, including tree trimming and tree cutting services for your Kansas City home. Contact us to get started.